XML file not present at: C:\..[userfoldername]..\enterprise-web-library-master\packages\Ewl.43.0.0\ ..\..\Library\Configuration\General.xml

Hi,

I am new here. I have been getting this every this error when trying to update the package [Update-DependentLogic]

The file exists, I have checked. I every tried filling out a name a website without any luck.

if anyone knows whats wrong, I would really appreciate some direction.

EnterpriseWebLibrary.DevelopmentUtility.exe : 5/13/2017 7:27:59 AM:  The installation at "C:\ProgrammingEwl\enterprise-web-library-master\packages\Ewl.43.0.0\..\.." is invalid.
At C:\ProgrammingEwl\enterprise-web-library-master\packages\Ewl.43.0.0\tools\init.ps1:10 char:3
+         & "$installPath\Development Utility\EnterpriseWebLibrary.DevelopmentUtility" $ ...
+    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (5/13/2017 7:27:....." is invalid.:String) [], RemoteException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

---------- Because ----------
XML file not present at: C:\ProgrammingEwl\enterprise-web-library-master\packages\Ewl.43.0.0\
..\..\Library\Configuration\General.xml

Does anyone know why I am getting this error? I really want to get started!

Thanks in advance,

Hi @IfyStatement, I am not sure why you’d be getting that error if a file exists at C:\ProgrammingEwl\enterprise-web-library-master\Library\Configuration\General.xml. Make sure the permissions on the file allow your user account to access it. Update-DependentLogic is a critically-important command in EWL and I know it works, so this issue must be something simple.

I am the lead developer of EWL and my company EnduraCode is currently using it in about ten projects. Unfortunately I have not been able to write much documentation, although I hope to do more of that in the future. If you or your company is seriously looking at using EWL right now, we can provide paid support but otherwise I cannot help since we are putting all of our time into billable hours to get our company off the ground.